Lesson 30 SFT#2

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Lesson 30 SFT#2

Post by Trader Question »

I have a question on SFT #2 (lesson 30) as follows:

I take it that it is not OK to go short right away when the SFT bar opens and begins to form. No, not OK. For this SFT we wait and see if price goes back up to the PLdot or into the nearby resistance at the PLdot and if strength begins to pour into resistance at that juncture THEN AND ONLY THEN do we take this SFT short. We need to witness a rebuff downwards (monitor LTP) before the SFT is set up for us to enter. If we go short right away at the opening of the bar, then we dont have a SFT trade. In that case, we are not sure of a good result.

J.F.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Lesson 30 SFT#2

Post by pldot »

Yes, you are exactly correct in this, and your understanding is right.
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

For the beginner, I presume it would be normal to go short right away as the congestion entrance bar opens and begins to form, 6/1 down and strong resistance at the Pldot being back-up.

Then if the SFT set up occurs later, it is time for a 2nd trade for this congestion entrance bar.

J.F.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Yes, it could be handled this way as well, though for the SFT itself, perhaps better to have a definitive move off the dot...
huda khan
Anti-Spam: Obama

Post by huda khan »

I presume it would be normal to go short right away as the congestion entrance bar opens and begins to form, 6/1 down and strong resistance at the Pldot being back-up.
neutral888
Anti-Spam: Obama

Post by neutral888 »

the SFT's are a great way to make money.

Master them and you will be fine!