PLdots

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader ???

PLdots

Post by Trader ??? »

I'm beginning to play around with the Pro software. What I can't find is how to display the PLdots. In the attached image I have two identical charts, the right one displaying the Lite software (with everything eliminated but the envelope/dots), the left one the Pro software, as configured per the video instructions. There are no PLdots shown and, under formatting, I can't find any input variable associated with the PLdots that would allow me to display them. The Lite software only works on daily charts; but I want to follow the dots on other timeframes in order to do the lesson studies on real data. I can turn off the other studies, like Flow, that I don't need now; but I do need to see the dots on multiple timeframes. How can I do this? M.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: PLdots

Post by pldot »

This can be done easily... under format analysis techniques, style tab, in the list of items to format, you will find two entries for the pldot (just below env top); one of these controls the white dot the other controls the blue dot on the bars in your illustration. In the middle column of the style tab you have selection of display types, and so you can select any number of styles for the plot. Change this from line to point. Similarly you can select any "weight" or thickness of the plot. This gie you great flexibility in creating charts of different styles, types, etc.... The colors are also selectable...