P&L and other Trader Stuff

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

P&L and other Trader Stuff

Post by Trader Question »

I get the impression that the PLdot is similar to a pivot point except that it takes into consideration three bars of data instead of just one. Why is
the PLdot, in your opinion, better than the standard pivot point? The Drummond Envelope reminds me of Bollinger Bands and Keltner Channels.
Why is the Drummond Envelope, in your opinion, better than the two just mentioned?

FYI, I have been using Dr. Al Larson's personal XGO charts, energy charging kit, concentration headband and energy traps with excellent results for the
last two years. Interestingly, it is his trading methodology that ended up second place to Drummond Geometry/P&L. You can visit his web site
at: www.moneytide.com. For more detailed information regarding the above mentioned products you can click on the "XGO", "personal energy" and
"catalog" links which are located on top of the page. Hopefully, you will find the above useful.

DY
pldot
Site Admin

Re: P&L and other Trader Stuff

Post by pldot »

The Pldot is based on recent market activity and is longer than a single day so that a single day's activity does not skew the trend too much. It has been empirically derived and tested against other averages and works as intended. The envelopes are a constant and can be used to monitor activity against that constant; it is not the only constant available but whatever is used would have to involve the same methodology of monitoring systematically against several timeframes to be effective. We like the envelopes as monitoring tools and so use them.

I have no comment on Larson.