Why DG and what about the cost?

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Why DG and what about the cost?

Post by Trader Question »

I have come across dozens upon dozens of trading courses over the past seven years that are being sold that either don't work as advertised, fleece customers of their money, work only 50% of the time or work inconsistently. At a cost of over $4000 (incl. P&L Indicator Software), I consider the Drummond Geometry(DG) P&L Course perhaps to be the most expensive trading course that I am aware of.

DY
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Why DG and what about the cost?

Post by pldot »

===cost is a relative factor. That's only one or two trades....
=== A number of our customers are concerned that we are offering the course for too low a price, as they fear this unique body of knowledge will become too widespread. One student thinks that the proper price, given the quality of the material, should be $35,000. Knowing what I know about the way people act in the market, I have no fear that the information will become too common. Nevertheless, if the numbers of students were to take a spike upwards, we would raise the price shut off high demand.
Trader Question

I acknowledge the fact that you provide no assurances or guarantees regarding the performance or success of students who decide to take and complete the entire DG P&L Course. Why have only several hundred students decided to take the DG P&L Course in contrast to other popular methodologies which have several thousand students?

DY
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====the true number is not known, Charlie had about 100 private tutor students in the 80s and early 90s, there were maybe 300-400 that had some info from a Chicago group that did some teaching in the early 90s, Pat Shaugnessy (now deceased) had some seminars Charlie participated in in the 80s and an unknown number of newsletter readers, and Charlie and I have a number of hundreds of traders we work with or have worked with in recent years. And there is likely a small gray area of stolen works, etc.

So... Cannot really tell. What we do know is that we have a significant group of traders who are devoted to the methodology because it works for them, and they are grateful for it, and do not share the knowledge because it is not in their benefit to do so, and they keep the faith with us.

===we are somewhat ambivalent about offering the course at all, do not advertise, or advertise rarely, and as noted above, prefer a smaller number of traders as colleagues and students rather than a larger number. We seek serious traders and students of the market and are content to let the rest go. Most of our customers come to us after having been disappointed elsewhere.
Trader Question

I have thoroughly reviewed lesson 1 and the free material offered on the tedtick.com and pldot.com web sites regarding Drummond Geometry. I have
researched and considered trading courses/programs offered by such respected traders as John L. Person, Teresa Lo, Larry Williams, Bradley F.
Cowan, Tom DeMark, Larry Pesavento, Robert Miner and Bryce Gilmore. At a cost of $4000+, what makes Drummond Geometry(DG) more useful and valuable than all the previously mentioned?

DY
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==it works...
Trader Question

What would you consider a representative percentage success rate of DG?

How vulnerable is DG to draw downs, false signals and whipsaws?

Is DG effective in choppy and trading range environments?

DY
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==an experienced DG trader should be able to have 7/10 trades correct...

===properly applied these are not a problem. Every trader is different in this aspect however...

==yes..
Trader Question

Is DG acknowledged and recognized by the MTA?

Can you name a few successful money/asset managers, market timers or traders who have completed the DG course with the exception of Robin Mesch?

I realize that it is recommended that one purchase P&L Indicators for Omega Tradestation and Supercharts - real time for lessons 1-30. Does this price include Omega Tradestation and Supercharts software, P&L Indicators and real time data feeds or just the P&L Indicators?

If it is the latter, I guess I have to purchase the Omega Tradestation and Supercharts software and subscribe to real time data feeds separately.

DY
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===well, they asked me to speak to their national convention and published a piece in htier national newspetter, and have asked me to address one of their major regional meetings...

===no, we do not release names of customers and students...

===We do not sell TradeStation. Note that Supercharts is no longer available.

===The current version of TradeStation includes the datafeed and so you do not need to subscribe to a real-time datafeed beyond that.