Compiling a Pattern Library

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Compiling a Pattern Library

Post by Trader Question »

In the lessons you mentioned using a web design/development software program in order to organize the pattern library.
Right now I use snag-it to cut and paste into excel, and then designate a separate tab for each pattern and a separate workbook for each market.

Can you recommend a better way of compiling a pattern library, in terms of being able to navigate thru hundreds of patterns and markets?

JB
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Compiling a Pattern Library

Post by pldot »

Snagit is a great program for image capture, we use it all the time. For organizing a collection of images we use some variant of web-creation software... FrontPage, Dreamweaver, or many others. Essentially this makes it easy to create a page, write whatever you like on it, and link images to it just like you would see on a webpage, using hyperlinks. Then when you review your notes later all you have to do is t click on the image. These days most word-processing programs let you do this as well... MS Word, for example, lets you link images using a hyperlink and then save the document as a single webpage. I am not an excel expert but I believe that this same procedure can be managed in excel. The point that we were making when we wrote this in 1999 is that hyperlinks can be most useful and economical in building a series of linked images.