Setting Up a chart

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Setting Up a chart

Post by Trader Question »

Hope all is well. Had a question:

I'm trying to setup a Qtrly chart in TS.
1) I use the monthly as the time period
2) Then insert the DGQM Quarterly Bars
3) Change the color of the monthly (and style to dot on close) to hide the monthly bars

My question is, how do I get the regular Quarterly envelope/dot/nearby's on this chart. I tried "DGQM Envelope and even if I compress the monthly bars it still appears as it would on a monthly chart.

JM
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Setting Up a chart

Post by pldot »

For quarterly charts at present we generally use the "multi" indicators, and use the DGmultibar indicator to create the bars, and the other multi's to build envelopes, nearbys, furtherouts, and higher time period (yearly) overlays, as well as yearly, 2.5 year, and five year charts, all with HTP overlays. The standard DG indicators (version 2.1) cannot do this, and cannot set up a pure quarterly chart, only quarterly bars, and/or a monthly chart with quarterly overlays. The multi's are free if you have a subscription to the pldot.com website. That would be the preferred solution I would normally suggest to you. But we are on the verge of some new developments. First, we are about to release new software built on a different principle that will be able to do all this. Second, Charlie is starting a new series of postings that will be very frequent, in blog style, and which will permit back-and-forth interaction with traders. We think this will be a significant enhancement

A bit confusing I know.