Indicator Questions

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Indicator Questions

Post by Trader Question »

1) When using the BarPct Indicator on a 1200 tick chart, the value displayed by the indicator routinely exists 1200. Any parameter(s) I might not be setting?

JM
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Indicator Questions

Post by pldot »

====Maybe check under "format symbol/ settings" and make sure that when you select tick bar that you also select "for volume use... Tick count." See if this reverts the count back to a percentage number.
Trader Question

2) Is there any way to put monthly studies on the weekly. Unless I completely missed something, I don't recall seeing Monthly-on-Weekly indicator series

JM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====Monthly on weekly is a special case, as we do not have a way to cause the month to start on the first day of a week, etc. Therefore we establish two data streams on a chart, weekly for the main bar display, and an underlying, hidden data stream on subgraph 2 consisting of daily data; we then plot the monthly overlays on the daily data stream, but display the monthly output on the first subgraph. Usually we use a small "bar" indicator that paints the price bar so that we can get the charts to display overlays in an optimal order. Instructions for doing this are contained in the Institute www.pldot.com .
Trader Question

3) Quarterly Bars - what is the procedure for setting up a Qtrly chart. I've been charting the monthly, hiding it, and displaying the Qtrly bar indicator in
Subgraph. Is that the correct way to do it?

JM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===You should be using the "multi" indicators for longer-term charts; register for these on the Institute website. They do a much better job of displaying longer-term information, and are available without charge as part of your Institute membership. They way you are creating quarterly bars with the old indictors will work, but it is a bit cumbersome.