More Indicator Questions

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

More Indicator Questions

Post by Trader Question »

1) Is there an indicator (or EasyLanguage how to) which draws the bars on top of the indicators?

JM
pldot
Site Admin

Re: More Indicator Questions

Post by pldot »

===yes, there is a BAR indictator; this can be easily writen in EasyLanguage and because it is an indicator andnot the price bar itself, it will paint in the sequence it is added. There is a note in the technical section of the Institute on how to do this (used when assembling weekly charts) but if you have diffficulty with this then drop me a line and I can send you a copy. In fact, it is simple; here is the code:

Input:BK(0);
Plot1[BK](O,"Bar Open");
Plot2[BK](H,"Bar High");
Plot3[BK](L,"Bar Low");
Plot4[BK](C,"Bar Close");

I assume you can fiddle with this if necessary...
Trader Question

2) On a tick chart is there any way to know how many ticks have accumulated on the current bar (i.e. on a 1200 tick chart, if the bar is represented by 1000 ticks at a certain point in time -- any way to know this). For example, I can watch the clock at 10 minute increments for the formation of a 10 minute bar. I will know when the bar will complete forming.

JM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===in the Flow indicator package there is an indicator called DG_BarPct. This will give the percentage completed of a tick bar, and post a number on your screen that will update in real time.
Trader Question

3) On a hourly overlay on a 5 minute for the bonds/notes, where the pit trading hour begins at 7:20, what should I use for sub-bars back parameter on the 5 minute chart?

JM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===five minutes into sixty minutes gives 12, which is the overlay that you are looking for.