1-1 Zones showing as dots

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

1-1 Zones showing as dots

Post by Trader Question »

We are still getting the 1-1 high and low zones showing up as DOTS instead of the zones they used to be.
It makes the chart look very different and even becomes confusing.

Do you have a fix available? Suggestions?
We are running TS 8.3, Build 1355 on Windows XP with most current updates on all including Internet Explorer.
My best recollection tells me the "change" happened when the latest Build 1355 was downloaded as the display was correct before that time.

JW
pldot
Site Admin

Re: 1-1 Zones showing as dots

Post by pldot »

This can be easily adjusted.

Go to "Format analysis techniques", sect the 1-1 high zone, and under the "Style" tab in the "plots" box. set the *first* Plot "LR zone" to "bar high" and the *third* Plot "LR Zone" to "bar low". Then you can also set your thickness and color specifications to your liking.
Trader Question

I followed all your instructions yesterday to re-format the nearby and far aways so they would ( hopefully) display as a zone or area again.
When I finished, the format of the PRICE BAR had completely changed and not the indicator element. RATS..
I thought JW could tweak it and make it OK...........NOT. So the display is still not correct.

We view candlestick price bars, but the price bar format does not seem to matter to the indicator instruction format. The indicator is going to do "what it wants" JW thinks it might be an ambiguity in the language of the program making the format instruction unclear.

What is happening with other people? And, can you help s fix this issue?

TW
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

The Nearby resistance and support zones, and the furtherout resistance and support zones, are not compatible with candlestick price bar charting. If you use candlestick style of price bars together with these indicators then the indicator plotting will not display properly and will color in the entire price bar. This is a function of the way TradeStation maps candlesticks and cannot be altered. It is not a programming glitch.

If you want to use candlesticks and also see the 1-1 high and low zones or the nearby and furtherout resistance and support zones then the only way to do that would be to establish parallel charts, and use HLC price bars on one set of charts and the candlesticks on the second set of charts. They cannot be established in the same subgraph.
Trader Question

We are having difficulty with the indicators when attempting to insert near and far resistance.
The entire bar is colored, probably because the options for the range of the tool are " bar high" and "bar low".

Please offer a correction to this issue. Or, if there is a way we can correct it, please let us know the procedure.

JW
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

I am not sure what the difficulty you are having here, although it is not the setting you mentioned for sure, since that is the normal setting. Maybe send me a copy of the workspace you are using, and also tell me what version of TradeStation you are using, and what build number?