Lesson 27 - Flow

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Lesson 27 - Flow

Post by Trader Question »

I have a specific question about the Flow lesson, specifically the Soybean example in screens 75-81. I have been working on Flow, as it is obviously
critical to the methodology. My working "thesis" is to use HTP's (Monthly and Weekly) to identify possible areas of energy and to develop expectations
of flow and to use LTPs (Daily, Intraday) to confirm flow or to determine change in flow.
An obvious statement perhaps, but moving from reading to implementation is a bit tricky.

JG
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Lesson 27 - Flow

Post by pldot »

+++OK so far....
Trader Question

Last Thursday and Friday in bonds is a good example - where the monthly upflow was weakening (dotted line holding) and weekly appeared (as of Wed
PM) to be entering congestion on PLdot push down with block level forming at 2-3 dots back and at monthly PLDot. However, Wed afternoon saw possible weakening of downflow (for example using 1200 tick - per our messages last week) and definitely poor downflow and improving up-flow began Thursday am. At least that's how I was watching it... (Still not sure if Friday's daily exhaust into previously strong weekly & monthly resistance will continue or reverse - I suppose watch the 1200 on Tuesday!! ;) )

JG
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

+++time will tell of course, and will have to watchthe LTP closely to get the necessary clues. Would not surprise me however if this resistance holds ultimately.
Trader Question

Nonetheless, the reason for my long-winded message was to relate some of my thoughts on flow as setup to my question: in the soybean example in the latter part of lesson 27, in screen 76 I do not understand how the weekly upflow can be good in May only because weekly nearby is holding on close
(not even sure that it is) - after all it is in a C-wave down. I can see that in the last week of May that the down-flow weakens (closes inside weekly envelope and monthly nearby resistance holds on close).... a possible signal of pause or reversal?
Am I misunderstanding the comments? You make the point rather strongly, which is what compelled me to ask the question.

JG
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

+++++Screen 76 Lesson 27 says "You expect upflow to be good" but it was not. Lessons says "Is weekly nearby support strong enough to hold on close" You, the student have to look at the chart and answer, "no it is not. It does not hold, it breaks." We continue: is it strong enough to move up to the pldot etc etc etc." Answer: no it is not.

Conclusion asks: is this bad weekly downflow or good weekly downflow: answer has to be: good downflow. Perhaps you are missing the bit of irony in our rhetorical questions....

If you see strong down flow in May on screen 27 (as you must unless you are blind) then you are correct, of course. Last bar of May on screen 27 shows support starting to strengthen, and in June first bar we have additional confirmation flow is reversing with the high close...
Trader Question

In my message last week I asked about the latest version of the indicators as I saw that the flow indicator is shown on the website, but is
not available in my ELD. Also, I've had trouble with quarterly and yearly, but I need to review the movies on PL.com to see if I am missing anything.
I've spent an enormous amount of time revising my workspaces recently.... but they look great! ;)

JG
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

++++Flow indicator has net been released except in beta version to the participants on the 2003 seminar. It will be in the new package that we are close to releasing now.

Yearly and quarterly charts... You are using the multi indicators I trust? What is the difficulty you are having.
And yes, charts do consume some time to get them the way you like. Thank goodness for templates and "analysis groups" that let you save and duplicate all of your good work once it is completed.