TS Charts are messed up

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

TS Charts are messed up

Post by Trader Question »

The other day I had tradestation running and my computer suddenly had to shut down because my firewall had detected a virus or intruder of some sort.

Anyway, when I started up tradestation again, some of the charts were messed up a bit, so I continued for a while promising myself to fix the charts later when I had some spare time.

Now I see that the DGL indicators are not working. When I go to 'Format Analysis Techniques' - I see under 'Status' tab the message 'not verified'.

I phoned tech support at Tradestation, and they tried to access the indicator to verify, but there was a password that needed to be entered, so they told me to contact you to help solve this problem.

I hope you can help solve this, or let me know how to proceed. and I hope this is not a big problem. I also wonder if it was just a virus or somebody tried to get at the indicators. Anyway, for me the important thing is that everything is up and running again as before.

KV
pldot
Site Admin

Re: TS Charts are messed up

Post by pldot »

This will likely not be difficult.

First try a "verify all" command. To do this, in any workspace open up any of the stock TradeStation easy language indicator documents, then go to the view menu, and select 'easy language power editor preferences and on the general tab select "verify all" Let that process complete, close the windows, and try your dg workspaces again. If the problem is fixed, then you're ok.

If not, then import the eld file I have attached to this message, and when given a choice, overwrite the existing indicators. This re-installation should fix your problem.