Tell me more about the methodology

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Tell me more about the methodology

Post by Trader Question »

I have been looking at your website and am interested in learning more about the trading methodolgy.

I don't want to take-up too much of your time but I'd like to give you a little background on me. I've lived in London for 11 years now and have been trading for 9 of those. I trade mostly STIR's, actually they are my main trade-spread trading. I spread trade the whole curve all the way back to the blues. But I get involved in lots of other bits as well-bonds,bunds,gold,crude whatever I can get my hands on to complicate life even further. I generally have a good time with it and have enjoyed some decent success. But I would like to learn more.

I like to look for market direction in my spread trading-basically I always run my spreads with a delta and use the usual studies that I suppose everyone else looks at. I also read the Elliot Wave letters and when those guys are hot they're pretty good but they seem to completley lose the plot from time to time-I have learned to pull out what I think is useful.

In summary I'm looking for something else to use as a predictor and that's why I'm interested in the Drummond theory. My concerns are learning time as well as support for learning here in London.

JH
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Tell me more about the methodology

Post by pldot »

==no problem, happy to answer your questions..
===Yes, can understand. You sound like an active trader and London is a good place to do that.
====spreads and options can be particularly useful if you have a good handle on direction.
====Drummond geometry is an excellent tool for predicting direction, that is the whole basis of the theory and it has a solid track record in doing that, as it has been in use by many professional traders for over thirty years in many different parts of the world and in many different markets. It works by identifying the support and resistance in the near-term future and coordinating that support and resistance on multiple timeframes. If, for example, you see where tomorrow's resistance is setting up, that can be helpful. We have excellent tools to do that. But it is not enough.... what you need and what is far more helpful is if you can also tell if tomorrow's resistance will be strong and hold, or weak, and thus break through. We have tools which do this, and these tools come through time period coordination. Briefly, we would establish weekly resistance, and monthly (and quarterly) resistance, and determine the direction for those timeframes, and then see how the daily resistance areas are setting up in that context. Doing that generally permits us to improve our hit ratio by a factor of three. Another way of looking at this is to say that we are in the business of picking off the weekly highs, or the monthly highs, etc...
===we offer support by e-mail and phone. There are some DG traders in London, of course, and often there is an informal network that develops an those who have the material and who have signed non-disclosures. But the primary support would come from Charlie and myself and from the websites. The private P&L Institute website has hundreds of hours of material available...