The DG/PLdot Community

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

The DG/PLdot Community

Post by Trader Question »

There is definitely a lot of information on the Institute website. I also registered for the Discussion board - I'm a little surprised that there isn't more activity. It looks like there was a nice amount of discussion initially, but not much recently. Curious to hear your observations on the community.

JG
pldot
Site Admin

Re: The DG/PLdot Community

Post by pldot »

I can give you my thoughts on it...
I don't think we have the "critical mass" for a viable discussion board and then also in such forums I find that the bad drive out the good. This is the fourth bulletin board I have sponsored and the situation is always the same....
A great start and then novices take over and the ill-suited post inane comments that drive out the more intelligent individuals. And there is also the truth that those who are successful tend not to post because they are not in a state of "need" , whereas those who are struggling do nothing but post. I suyppose if we had ten thousand users there would be useful discussions for several levels of traders but we have no interest in that type of business. Also I have but small interest in spending time tending such forums. And finally, the ethos of this particular trading community (P&L) tends towards obsessive privacy. We have some signifiant private discussions going with traders and students, and that seems to meet their needs in a better manner. The seminars that we give are generaly really successful becasuse people can meet each other on a face-to-face basis and many sucessful relationships have developed out of those situations. We are very positive however on the idea of posting throughful and comprehensive responses to comments and you will find a lot of that in the Institute in various places.
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

Thanks for the comments. I'm sure you have to answer many of the same questions from new students - which must become rather tedious. However, it's nice to get a feel for what opportunities exist to interact with the other traders. Certainly I suspected that it is the case that successful/experienced traders don't need to post, while the novice/unsuccessful traders need to reach out. The thread about trading results seemed to have that feel to it. Also, I'm sure that there is not exactly a steady flow of new students, therefore, as you put it, there is not a critical mass for each level of trader/student.

Separately, you mentioned the seminars. I was curious about the response to the May 2003 seminar. It looks as if it was quite comprehensive. Are there any transcripts or other materials available from the sessions?

JG
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

The 2003 seminar has extensive material posted in a private area on the web including several hours of extremely interesting material on Charlie's personal trading plan, some special indicators, and other material. We have not been marketing this at the moment but have preserved it so that it could be offered again in the future. It would be available to you after you have completed the full course if at that time you have an intrest and wish to invest further in the methodology. It would not be appropriate for you at this time s it requires significant understanding of the methodology as a prerequsite.