5/9 Indicator Differences

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

5/9 Indicator Differences

Post by Trader Question »

In comparing the DGB 5/9 indicator to mine I found some differences. I traced these down to the Closed 5/9 rule set forth on Screen 24 of lesson 2.
It looks like the 5/9 indicator you use, and therefore the nearbys, etc. do not use this rule. An example would be QQQ weekly chart, 5/9-Up the week of 1/16/04. Was the closed 5/9 rule abandoned by you and Charlie or omitted by the programmers?

I don t want to be a pain, but I really want to know the Drummond work and use it correctly. Part of that is seeing where I went wrong in my prior work.

JK
pldot
Site Admin

Re: 5/9 Indicator Differences

Post by pldot »

If you like, send me a picture of the issue (DG version and your version on same chart) and if you're comfortable doing so, a copy of your code, and we'll take a closer look... I basically never use the basic static version, only the live DGBL's...and have not noticed anything amiss. But, there are occasional anomalies that have cropped up here an there...
Trader Question

My pleasure. The chart has your DBG 59, DGBL 59 and my 59 on it. Mine is the dark magenta as a right tick. The DGB59 is a yellow circle with a white center. The DGBL59 is a blue left tick. I cannot see any difference between the DGB and the DGBL versions. Where you can really see a yellow dot is where the Closed 59 rule applies, I believe. You are the expert. My code is pasted below.

JK
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Thanks... this will take us a bit to get into as there is a lot going on just now. But, will address as we go forward.
Trader Question

That s fine. When you check, include the 5/1 and 5/3 in your search, because the closed rule seems to not be used in those studies either. I guess the 5/9 extension would be affected too. All of these may be used to determine the placement of the S/R zones, which is the main reason I am asking.

When you get a minute, can you tell me where in the lessons I can read about the redbird and redrobin dots?

JK
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Will do...

Will likely do a movie for all regarding the red and robin stuff, no longer used, and not in Lessons...