Serious Indicator Questions

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Serious Indicator Questions

Post by Trader Question »

Recently after ghosting my computer I needed to restore my unlock codes. In the end all went well. I will try to minimize the frequency that I do this, but I have decided that this is the most effective way of restoring optimal function to my computer every 4-8 weeks. I want to make sure that in the future I can arrange with you a mutually agreeable time to perform such an operation so that I can restore my indicators and lessons. I don't want to be a burden to you in this process and despite examining my options, I don't see any other way around this other than to contact you in advance and be able to have you run whatever unlock process that you go through. So, is this going to bother you and if so can you suggest some way around it?

I am also concerned as a P&L'er what might happen should something happen to you and what might result to those of us who rely on the indicators. It could very well be a computer crash for anyone and if you were unavailable, or God forbid deceased, what could we do? I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I really depend on the lessons and indicators and want to ensure that they will function.

M.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Serious Indicator Questions

Post by pldot »

No problem, really. It only takes a moment to run the codes and so you just need to make sure I am in town as I generally am. And no worries about the odd truck taking me out or a computer crash; we have rather elaborate contingency plans in place and a multiple-redundant back up structure.

You might consider running your TradeStation on a separate machine dedicated only to trading, and keeping all email and web-surfing activities on another machine entirely. Many serious traders do that, and do so for the express purpose of keeping their trading machine pristine and fast. When all is said and done, the hardware is cheaper than the time it takes to fix it when things go wrong.

I'll do a bit of thinking about your situation and get back to you to procedures; I may be able to streamline it a bit.