Refresh Areas

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Refresh Areas

Post by Trader Question »

Ted, I noticed my values on my weekly (center) chart for the monthly refresh areas, red ET/EB/live and green PLdot/live, are not the same as my daily chart (right hand side with same monthly overlay of refresh areas). The daily must be correct as it matches the values of the far left montlhly chart which has a yearly refresh overlay.

Is there a reason why the two are not the same?

M.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Refresh Areas

Post by pldot »

There is a congenital issue with TradeStation that results from not being able to get the week and the month to start on the same day, something that obviously we cannot change. Monthly on daily is accurate, weekly on daily is accurate, but monthly on weekly will always be screwy. The solution is to build both weekly and monthly indicators based on daily charts and the overlay displays will come out correctly.

I am attaching an updated dll with a few corrections. Just replace this in your TS program directory.

You were correct. After some back and forth discussions Charlie says that: === that red line there in this case is the envelope top two days in advance as result of live action. That being Friday,, ,the line wud be Tues. envelope top. (yeah!)

As it turns out we don't have an indicator for that. Maybe we'll do it for the next release of the general package