Blues Zones and Refresh Bands

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Blues Zones and Refresh Bands

Post by Trader Question »

I have things set up pretty well, but what I'd really like to do that I have not been able to figure out is to have the Blue zones 1 and 6 only overlap the Refresh bands. For example, I would like the daily Refresh bands placed on an intraday chart and then put the Blue zones 1 and 6 on top. My dilemma is I do not know how to turn off zones 2 through 5 if that can be done because by having the blues on top it will make some of the Refresh bands disappear when they intersect or vice versa. I've spread the lines out to make it viewable, but my preference would be for solid Refresh bands with spaced linear 1and6 Blue zones overlaying.

Also I would like to talk about putting on support/res zones and 1-1's so perhaps I can call you next week. I'm sure it's simple.

M.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Blues Zones and Refresh Bands

Post by pldot »

If I read your issue correctly, then I think your problem can be solved by turning off lines by: setting the style to dot, and making the weight the narrowest, and setting color to the color of the background or the next layer that you wish to show up. This will cause the line to disappear...

Adding the su/r zones and the 1-1's can be done by simply adding the approriate indictaors to the chart. Remember that TS "layers" the indicators in (reverse) order of them being added, and so you can control what lies on top of what through a bit of experimentation.

Someday we'll have templates for all this, but that's not feasible yet.
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

Thanks Ted. Yes I had already done what you've suggested.

If I can try to clarify it just a bit more. I would like my daily Refresh areas underneath my intraday Blues and I would like to turn off zones 2, 3, 4, and 5.
By making the colours of these zones the same as the background, the appearance of the Refresh areas are affected by this colour when they overlap.

In the Mogs Charlie has the setup that I'm trying to achieve in that he has "blanked out" these areas that I wish to delete so that the appearance is less "busy". As Charlie has said in one of the Mogs, his indicators are not exactly the same as the final product or at least that's what I understand.

In any event I am not complaining and if there is a way to simply change an input or something for the 1-6 zones in the future then this would be helpful at least for me. However, the indicators are a very nice addition to the Basic P&L indicators.

M.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==What happens if you make them the same color as the refresh areas, and use the tinest dot size? Try that and report back. If no go, then send the workspace.

===Charlie's personal indivators are on a slightly differfent principle..., not suitable for commercial release