Placement of Other Indicators

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Placement of Other Indicators

Post by Trader Question »

I believe that because the default Refresh bands were set at "wk" then my intraday data was sqaushed. Once I switched it to "dy" they appeared fine.

I'm am struggling a bit Ted with the placement of other indicators on the charts. For example, can you outline the specific settings for placing 1-1 highs/lows on the chart. I cannot seem to recreat those black and white lines/dots for the 1-1 high low bars and specifically is the indicator called DGBL 1-1Live or is a different indicator? I am trying to make them appear as in our lessons or the Mogs where there is a white dotted appearance within the black line. My lines appear as if the high and low are joined and will only appear as one colour, despite numerous efforts to change the style and colour.

I have not yet tried to add in the 5/9, 6/1's, etc., but if they appear and are hidden by the Refresh areas or price bars, how can I make them appear up front so that they're visible.

M.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Placement of Other Indicators

Post by pldot »

The solution to your display quandry lies in the fact that TradeStation "layers" indicators in the (reverse) order that they are added... so that the prior can overwrite the latter, etc. Also, different plots contain different colors and can address the same location, etc.

So, to create dual colored 1-1 zones, set the lower layer to black and thenpaint over it with a dotted vertrical line in white. You will lkely have to use two separate additions of the 1-1 indicator to accomplish this, one to create the under layment and one to create the dotted line overlay.

Someday we will have a version ofthe indicators that can accomodate templates beter, so we won't have to ask you to do the work of the formatting. But that's not possible at present.

5/9's etc are the same story" : pay attention to th eorder of adding them tothe chart mand you can resolve the "layering" issues.
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

I'll play with it some more, but I have a feeling I might need to give you a call after your holidays if that would be o'kay if I cannot get things the way I would like.

One more question that probably an easy one, but I've got the daily refresh on intraday charts. Now I'd like to add just the blues for that specific timeframe on too. For example, I have an hourly chart and want to put the 1 and 6 zone blues that are specific for the hourly. Is there a specific input value for that to plot the hourly blues onto hourly bars. I understand that if I make the other zones the same colour as the background they'll disappear.

M.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Set the overlay timeframe to "ib" and that should do it if your symbol time-frame is set to 60 minute intraday.