Demo and Lesson 1

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Demo and Lesson 1

Post by Trader Question »

I've read and listened to the Free first P&L lesson.

I find the concept interesting and I might want to buy the course.
But I have a couple of questions.

I've noticed that the lesson has been prepared almost 10 years ago.

-Is the concept still valid?
-Is the accuracy of the method still the same?
I ask because the Market behaviour must have changed in the last 10 years, there is much more electronic trading going on.

-Have you experience in using P&L in FOREX?

B.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Demo and Lesson 1

Post by pldot »

Thank for this, we appreciate your interest.

Here are answers to your questions....

1) Yes, the principles are still valid, because they are rooted not in a narrowly-defined technical characteristic of the market but in broadly-based, fundamental components of human psychology shared by all people everywhere, behaviors that do not change readily or easily. We have found that no change is necessary in our fundamental approach to the market, and that the principles work as well on electronic trading today as in the old style telephone & pit trading.

2) That said, there have been a few enhancements in the last ten years, mostly refinements and some new indicators, and some things that can take advantage of the new technology and greater computing power available today. These are made available through on-going education on a special website available to our students only, and through new products and tools that are released from time to time. We have an interactive private website for our students only, where we post research and new material. For the past year Charlie Drummond has been conducting what essentially amounts to a private seminar for our students, in a format that permits questions and answers and which deals with current market data. So our students always have access to our latest thinking and development work.

3) Yes, we trade FOREX with Drummond Geometry, and have many examples in the full Lessons relating to FOREX. I lived in China for a few years from 2004-206 and personally traded FOREX with DG, and I know that some of our students do as well.