Link to MOGs and TS Questions

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Link to MOGs and TS Questions

Post by Trader Question »

I have a couple of things here on the latest version of TradeStation, I noticed the ears are cropped off the price bars as well as the nearbys, as shown in the picture I have included at the bottom of this mail. Why is that? Also, I have Error in Verify-All that has to do with the EasyLanguage for the Drummond Geometry Indicators included in the attachment. And in an older version of TradeStation, my multi-chart indicators wouldn't verify so I was unable to use them. I've tried to submit from your website another download of those indicators, and have been unable to do so. This is what I get after submitting the form, "Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page: http://www.pldot.com/institute/indicatorform.htm". If you could help me with these issues, I would appreciate it. Finally, I'd like to be able to get into the Mog areas of the website. I've completed the 30 lessons.

M.H.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Link to MOGs and TS Questions

Post by pldot »

The difference in the styling of the price bars and indicator is actually an enhancement in TradeStation. When the price bars are drawn, they stop at the exact price of the high. In earlier versions when the bars were set at the thickest weight width, the rounded top graphically exceeded the price of the top and misled the eye as to the location of the high (though the price as recorded in the data remained correct). Now, there is no difference between the graphic representation and the exact price.

What is the error in the EL verified item? is it a function or indicator, and which? Have you done a "verify all" ?. Occasionally they get corrupted and need to be re-verified. I need more information here to assist.

On the older version of TradeStation are you running under the same "customer ID number" as on your current machine or a different one? If different, then the indicators will not run, as they are keyed to a specific copy of TradeStation. What version of TS is it? Please advice as to the situation here.

Sorry about the broken link on the pldot.com site, we have some house-keeping to do there.

No problem about access to the mog area. Here is a username and password for that area...........