P&L and Other Platforms

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

P&L and Other Platforms

Post by Trader Question »

I’m interested in enrolling in the P&L School Lessons 1-30 and I see a pre-requisite Tradestation software item. Could you tell me if this software can run on another charting vendor such as CQG or Esignal?

M.R.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: P&L and Other Platforms

Post by pldot »

Thanks for this.

We have not created any software except that for the TradeStation platform. The reason for this is that during the development period only TradeStation gave us the tools and flexibility we needed to do the work. That said, it is not strictly speaking necessary of have the TS software to trade using DG, and we do have some students who are skilled programmers who have created variants for their own use on other platforms. And some long-term DG traders still prefer hand-charting. But practically speaking, for most traders, and sans coding ability, TradeStation is the most logical choice. TradeStation does permit third-party data vendors to be imported.

These days one of the most interesting aspects of the course is the daily tutorials that Charlie is doing for students. You can see a sample at http://www.pldot.com/outside-mog/outside-mog.php .