TradeStation Issues

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

TradeStation Issues

Post by Trader Question »

Today when I opened TStation I am receiving "UserId Key Error..." from each of the charts. When opening the "File Open ELang Doc", I noticed that DG2a function is not listed.... I imported the refresh bands indicator and during that process do see that DG2a is listed as one of the functions and the import was successful but same problem (i.e. no DG2a listed) when I goto "File OPen ESLang Doc".... The 2 DLLs that came with refresh bands are in the Tstation program folder...Any ideas on how to resolve this?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: TradeStation Issues

Post by pldot »

Are you sure that you are looking under the "function" section of the "open EL language doc" menu dialog? If you do not specify functions in the drop-down menu then you will see only indicators, etc.

If you are doing a fresh install, follow the instructions at www.pldot.com/support/refresh.
Trader Question

Sorry Ted, I did not look under the "function" in the drop-down.... Thanks a lot

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

OK, great, that should do it then. ( I know about that little item since I have fallen victim to it myself on a number of occasions.....).
Trader Question

It looks like I'm up and running....Thanks for your assistance

My trading has not stabilized yet. Psychologically I am not taking proper action when I make analysis mistakes. Also, I have not nailed down my focus timeframes. Sometimes I daytrade where I exit out of mistakes quickly. Othertimes, especially when I am swing trading, sometimes I end up hanging on to bad trades instead of taking losses and moving on.

I did reasonably well last year and all due to P&L. The methodology is superior; your guidance and Charlie's mogs have helped in the learning process. Overall I am very satisfied with P&L, but there's much to do in terms of knowledge and mental preparedness.

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Glad to hear it.

It's a common situation, one that affects all of us more or less, all traders no matter what their background. Personal psychology is the last and perhaps the most important frontier to be conquered. Many of us learn to do well most of the time but I don't know of anyone who never slips and experiences a lapse due to psychological issues.

You have a leg up in that you can see the issues, and once seen, then the solution can often pop into sharper focus. Nailing down the focus time period can be resolved through some hard thinking and analysis of your rules. For your swing trading issue then the answer would have to be "what cannot happen if this trade is still to be intact?" Once answered then it again becomes mechanical.

I don't think there is any sure-fire cure to all psychological issues as we are all different. I have always thought that the last chapter of the Psycho Papers was really on-target and it has helped me. The trick is to separate analysis from the mechanical aspects; once the analysis is done and the trade is put on, then the mechanical takes over and no more thinking is allowed; you have definite rules that take over and that is that. Easier said than done but I do believe the theory is sound and the practical guidelines outlined there are valid.

Congratulations on your results so far