Glad I made the decision........DG

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Glad I made the decision........DG

Post by Trader Question »

(i) I am very glad that I made the decision to go ahead with P&L geometry... It is amazingly accurate and from a methodology perspective it is extremely rich, elegant and complete with respect to its concepts, tools... And you and Charlie have done a great job in developing the material bottom up... The knowledge nuggets and concepts started connecting once I reviewed the Flow lesson and watching movies you/Charlie had posted on the site as well as the daily mogs...Although I am not actively trading, I have successfully traded the Sep/Oct 06 exhaust in Gold Stocks Index...In a couple of cases I made some mistakes in monitoring the LTP and exited early, etc...Long way to go still with consumingand operationalizing P&L, but I am thoroughly enjoying it...

(ii) Not asking for trading advice but seeking clarification... attached are some charts of the $HUI.X index. Am I correctly interpreting that the Yearly is in the middle of a pldot refresh from its exhaust in June 2006..And the exhaust forced the quarterly to go into congestion entrance and it appears that a block was formed at 2 pldot back at 308 since the live yearly pldot is pushing up at 299 (indicated by blue line on the monthly)...And the LTPs (weekly and daily) support are getting stronger with daily making a move into congestion entrance up... And the weekly appears to be in dotted line setup... Is this confirmation enough that the yearly refresh is complete?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Glad I made the decision........DG

Post by pldot »

I took a look at your chart and I think your analysis is correct. However I would not say necessarily that the yearly refresh is completed but that at this moment (or at the moment that the chart was printed) you are seeing support on the dly and weekly grow stronger for a move tot the upside, and then you will have to assess how strong the resistance is on dly, weekly, and see how the monthly does. Note the exhaust patterns on the daily and the exhaust settting up on the weekly.