Multiple Lesson # Questions

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Multiple Lesson # Questions

Post by Trader Question »

First I must say, the methodology is quite sophisticated and your teaching style is engaging..Some questions/clarifications on the indicators: Am using Tradestation 8.1

(i) To setup a quarterly chart as in Lesson 5, screen 15, I first setup a monthly chart and then inserted DGQM Quarterly Bars study... To setup quarterly or yearly P/L Lines, do I then overlay DGQM 5-1 for example on this monthly chart

(ii) How would a quarterly envelope be inserted for the above?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Lesson # Questions

Post by pldot »

I recommend that you use the special "multi" indicators for the quarterly, yeary and multi-year charts. Thye are superior to the versions included int he bsic indicator package. These can be ordered without charge through the www.pldot.com website. If you have difficulties orderingthem come back directly to me, I will need your TS customer ID number.
Trader Question

(iii) Where can I find more details on corner line (referenced in lesson 12, slide 35)?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===we don't have a lot to say about that in the Lessons, it is true. I may be in the Advabnced Manual, will have to check. I have forgoten where we tookt hat from. Charlie uses this occasionally, I never do.
Trader Question

(iv) Is there a study to insert monthly envelope on weekly chart if my focus timeperiod is weekly?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===see the discussion of how to do this on www.pldot.com.
Basically, we use two data streams, and use the DGMD for the higer time period overlay, but streaming the daily data in subgraph 2 however displaying it in subgraph on on the weekly chart.
Trader Question

(v) To project next bar's 1-1 highs and lows, I'm using DGBL Nearby Support and Resistance studies? Is this correct? Also, when I insert this study it overlays the other study DGB Nearby Support and Resistance... I am assuming those are static for completed/historical bars, so if using DGBL Nearby Supp/Resis, is it redundant to use DGB Nearby Supp/Resis

(vi) Lesson 12, Slide 131, you mention 6/3 down.. could not find a reference for this line in lesson 2... Unless, of-course, you meant 5/3 down?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==== as I recall it was an error, and was in fact the 5/3.
Trader Question

In lessons 5 through 15 you mention accumulation and distribution in terms of "signs of accumulation", "obvious distribution occuring", "support zone accumulating" etc?

Do we know the market is accumulating because the close is a ways off from low and its distributing because the close is a ways off from high? If not, how does one tell?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Yes, that's a good start. Other elements to look for: total range of bar vs ATR of prior bars, progress towards a goal when moving through the envelope framework, and the distance between high and low, and between open and low or high. Checking the lesson on flow (lessons 27) should be helpful. And of course a review of the "accumulation/distribution seminar" printed book.