Trying to replicate some charts....

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Trying to replicate some charts....

Post by Trader Question »

I am trying to replicate some of the charts in Lessons 3-5; getting familiar with Tradestation and after reading the usersguide, I am "stuck" trying to use the indicators.

(i) when you reference studies in the usersguide, do you mean something specific with respect to Tradestation that need to be loaded or are you referencing to the multimedia training lessons. I've loaded the indicators and they are available via "insert indicator. "

(ii) Am trying to replicate some of the charts (from the lessons) on charts I'm creating for stocks and indices that I am following........ I've inserted the DGBDot and DGBDotRefresh... but when inserting the DGB 5/2 or other lines, they appear as "dots" on the charts (attached)... Is there a way where the software generates the various support and resistance lines?

Thanks in advance,

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Trying to replicate some charts....

Post by pldot »

You have loaded the indicators correctly and they are the ones being referenced in the user guide.

The short white two-bar trend lines shown on the lessons screen you sent have been drawn in using Photoshop or some similar program for the purpose of illustration. In the Indicators package the indicators plot using a dot or line showing the "business end" of the line in question, that is, the active trading point which would be the termination of the line on the third bar, after the line is created by the two prior bars. Neither TradeStation nor our software is capable of generating just the two-bar lines alone, and so we plot the "business end" of the line, which is used in trading. That is what is used to indicate where support and resistance is.