Looking at the "Yes" Pattern

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader ???

Looking at the "Yes" Pattern

Post by Trader ??? »

I think I'm understanding it better; take a look at the attached image of a Yes pattern on corn from Section 1.4, Lesson 4. The yellow line you drew locating the weekly 5/9 Up on the daily chart straddles the end of the first week of March and the beginning of the second week (last two bars on the weekly chart).

Look at the progression of PLdots relative to the 11 Dots march up the Wed-Fri bars (marked with a yellow box). Besides the higher closes, doesn't this relationship of the two dots tell you that the internal dynamics of the market are rising?

Aren't the higher closes the mathematical reason why the 11 Dots are rising at a faster rate?

Although Monday, Mar. 10th, would have begun with a new, significanly lower weekly 5/9 Up to contend with, the 5/9 Up from the week before (marked Y1) proved to be still active, as shown by the daily 5/9 Up on Tues located there.

It held for the second day on Wednesday with a 11 Low and what looks like a Refresh to close at the high. This was followed by a 5/1 Up for Thurs. and a PLdot Push on Fri.

Is this analysis correct?
M.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Looking at the "Yes" Pattern

Post by pldot »

It's a bit foggy in my memory from the time that we wrote these lessons but as I recall, the TradeStation software was not able to accomodate smoe of the things that we wanted to do and so we fudged by moving the data back... I am not sure that the time line on the daily is accurate, and I believe that the yellow line representing the weekly 5/9 up is accurate for the start of the week.
TradeStation software advanced over time and in the latter half of the course this issue does not occur.

Yes, the relationship of the dot and 1-1 dot can be instructive as you observe.

Yes, the mathmatical relationships determine this, closes and highs in this case

Yes, called 5/9 level

Yes, but we see dot push on Thursday as well.

Pretty darn close yes..