Questions Regarding the Course

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Questions Regarding the Course

Post by Trader Question »

What does Drummond Geometry methodology allow traders to learn/know that traditional technical analysis does not?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Questions Regarding the Course

Post by pldot »

====time-period coordination of support and resistance is not generally understood outside of DG methodology, and is the most powerful addition to trading. Also the mind-set of anticipating upcoming support and resistance and the change that is anticipated from the next possible type of trading is central. Conventional technical analysis lags and responds to market action as opposed to anticipating it and being able to take action at the point of market turns.
Trader Question

Does the training provide trading strategies for illustration or is the student supposed to come up with this based on his/her knowledge of the methodology and analysis of markets?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===Yes. The last half of the course (Lessons 16-30) is filled with trading plans and track records for them. The methodology also gives ample material for traders to construct their own trading plan.
Trader Question

You and Peter Steidlmayer have written articles/papers on market profile. And Robin Mesch (a former student of Charlie's and Peter's) states that her methodology is unique because it integrates Drummond Geometry and Market Profile (e.g. her focus on order flow and volume). What does Market profile provide that Drummond Geometry does not? Am I asking the right question here?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===Yes, that is a reasonable question. Market profile is a very interesting methodology, and can be relied upon especially when the parameters of congestion are known. The insight that price discovery activity follows the bell-shaped curve is useful and valid. However there are limitations to the methodology in my opinion. MP dopes not handle targets well. It does not handle turning points well except for well-established congestions. It does not handle time period coordination, which I believe to be extremely powerful. I have found DG to be a superior method.
Trader Question

Are the audio products included with the course (i.e. 1:1 paper audio, accumulation/distribution - when to trade) .

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===The audio materials associated with the accumulation/distribution seminar are included as a supplemental purchase to the course, as well as the 1-1 paper audio.
Trader Question

Are the hand-drawn charts (complementary with Advanced P&L book) included or not included?

P.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====The chart materials are included in the Advanced P&L Book but they are not reproduced in full size. The full-size hand-drawn charts are offered as a supplemental item for those (few) people who like to do hand-charting. Most people prefer to use computer-charting and so these charts are a supplemental item for extra charge.