Greetings and chatter

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Greetings and chatter

Post by Trader Question »

Hope this message finds all at the institute well. My membership has indeed lapsed, I imagine around the time of the mailer below.
I wondered what news there is over there?
I believe this was the last communiqué I received. I hope that I am still on your mailing list as I am always interested to hear what is going on, perhaps you could bring me up to date briefly?
I imagine there must be a few new movies by now? An excellent format. Is there anything planned in the near to mid future? I was quite disappointed that other commitments prevented me attending your last event. Still no plans to make any of the material available as video or notes?
I have spent most of 2004 letting my energy re-build. This is why I have not been too anxious about renewing my membership until now.
As you may recall I didn’t purchase the P&L indicators for tradestation preferring to code my own. have there been any developments in that area since adding flow?
I was actually in two minds about buying the indicators to take a look at whether the flow set might be helpful to me. (2 red bars and you are out type thing).
And also makes it able to be recognized by the computer, which may be its major value. Am I right in thinking that purchasing the indicators would give a quarters access to the institute?
Do they work with all versions of TS?
I was thinking of taking a 30 day trial of the 'latest greatest' and checking both out. I suspect that 2000i is still necessary for some markets I examine.
so yet again it must be well over a dozen times - I wonder is there a prize for most longstanding 'armchair' P&Ler. Anyway I'd like to congratulate you and Charlie (yet again) they are an excellent piece of work.

N.A.
Last edited by Trader Question on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Greetings and chatter

Post by pldot »

+++We're working on new software that has a lot of enhancements like walk-forward testing, etc. That's the major activity on this end, besides trading and exploring the world.
+++yes, will keep you informed when there is something worth announcing.
+++Charlie posted some fabulous movies in the Spring and early Summer of '04, but has not been very active in the last few months. We're gearing up for more material this year however.
+++let that energy grow! There's a time for everything.
+++the new material now being developed for release will be worth it I think. More details to be announced...
+++yes, it is helpful, but then again what it does it makes visible the flow that can bee seen by more experienced traders...
+++no, the indicators are not linked to Institute access, only the Lessons, and add on yearly subscriptions.
+++Yes, they work with TS 2000i and TS8. Not with TS 4, etc, though...
+++TS 8 data covers Forex but not European or Asian markets... There are products that let you bring data into TS8, and they promise to do this in the future, but not yet done....
+++++thanks, do appreciate it.