Questions re: Drummond Course and Daily Updates

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Questions re: Drummond Course and Daily Updates

Post by Trader Question »

You have really done a fantastic job with the Drummond Course! It is an incredible piece of work with amazing insights into the markets. I have learned an incredible amount and it has greatly improved my trading already.

Over the last month, I increased my futures trading account by 80% implementing some of Drummond's techniques. So I decided to start trading two contracts. I sold the Euro short in monthly, weekly and daily nearby resistance, and price immediately went against me. I covered my position when price went through the daily far out resistance. I ended up taking a sizeable loss, wiping out most of my month's gains.

R.J.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Questions re: Drummond Course and Daily Updates

Post by pldot »

==Thanks, appreciate it.

==Yes, this is annoying. It often happens when traders increase size. We think it should be an easy technical step but it turns out that there is usually more involved.
Trader Question

In hindsight I see that there may be a couple of issues that may have contributed to my loss: 1- flow was not down as much as I thought it was

R.J.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====almost certainly true. We think that we are objective because we have success in the past but we are not as objective as we need to be. Always work out the opposing case and determine in your mind what the market will look like if it is doing the opposite of what you think it should be doing. Then you have the "no"pattern.... And can pull the trigger and get out if warranted.
Trader Question

2- I got scared out of the trade too soon, as price came back down to my entry point, and I could have gotten out at break-even

R.J.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Fear will diminish when you have the patterns worked out in your mind and know what is happening *either way*. If you are afraid, then something is wrong...over-trading, insufficient knowledge, etc etc.
Trader Question

3- perhaps I need to have greater capital in my account before being totally comfortable trading two contracts.

R.J.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==yes this will help.
Trader Question

I have a couple of questions that I was hoping that you could help me with, based on the above experience. This has happened a couple of times, where I'll be doing very well, increase my number of contracts, and then immediately take a big hit. It seems to be at least partially a psychological block that I am up against. Do you have any suggestions on how to overcome this type of issue?

R.J.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==The above should cover it. Also the new "walk-forward" training should help, using the new indicators now and the newer general release in the late fall