Future Plans and Possibilities

Got ideas to make Drummond Geometry better? Post them here.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Future Plans and Possibilities

Post by Trader Question »

I would be interested in a live seminar maybe in the summer.

Also if you are going to expand the P&L world I would be interested in teaching someday, naturally I have to learn the method fully 1st. I am hoping that I can confidently say that I am using what I have learned to make a handsome living soon. I am in a stage whereby my confidence is growing, and this is the key, to be able trust what has been learned so I can expand my size. I am also interested in the new software that is coming out. I would like to be able to set up my work page with a group of stocks and futures that can be automatically monitored. By that I mean to have my own alerts programmed in so I can be signaled when my followed instruments reach my favorite levels.For example the PL Dot, and envelope tops and bottoms, 5/9's or whatever. In this way profitability can expand to different future markets, and equity options. I already use P&L to alert myself on option trading possibilities. It does take me a considerable amount of time each evening reviewing the bonds, 10yr, s/p, and a couple of stocks. So if more possibilities for trades could be covered more quickly, well then there is a increased possibility of more profitability. I think that is kind of where Charlie is headed. Let me know if and when my "programming" request can be achieved. Hopefully it can happen with a limited amount of programming knowledge.

A.C.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Future Plans and Possibilities

Post by pldot »

Thanks for this.

We will be adding scanningand monitoring functionality, walk-forward training, and other ueful items later in this year,
probably in the fall. Thanks for the interest in seminars, will factor that in.. And we appreciate your interest in teaching, we'll see where things go. So.. We'll keep all this in mind.
Trader Question

I know there are reasons for your timetable, I also know that the fall time estimate could easily turn into a year from now, new programming seems to work like that often. For selfish reasons can the monitoring functionality be pushed up. Or could the monitoring functionality just be used with existing software now in some way. I know everything is about mechanical trading for many, I am not referring to that kind of functionality. I would just like to be able to have alerts on a select "watch list". Is there any chance that could be done now, or before the summer? Possibly I could beta test on the existing version, or the new release sooner. Maybe that could work for both of us, I would rather have a version with bugs then none at all. Also in my experience traders trade and computer people program, and many times there isn't enough testing by users before new releases. I have the feeling that you personally can bridge that gap, but just maybe there would value in other set of eyes of someone who trades everyday.

A.C.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Thanks for the offer, appreciated. We'll keep it in mind here as we move forward.
Gawd knows ther is plenty to do....
Trader Question

So there is no way to monitor with the existing software now?

A.C.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Actually I use a lot of time and price alerts on TS and IB and so forth, and find them useful and adequate for my trading. For the real potential of RadarScreen scanning and other enhancements in the indicators proper however it will have to wait until we have the time to deal with them properly.