A Struggling Student's Query

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

A Struggling Student's Query

Post by Trader Question »

Can you send me copies of the articles you wrote for Futures magazine?

Can you pass on to Charlie, I would really like to see PLP Dot lesson mogs posted, starting at the beginning.

I am trying to get back into the lessons, only up to 11. My job has been sucking the life out of me this year. Between work and family, I have not had much time for DG. Sorry for the excuse, you probably hear them a lot.

Can I expect to get good enough with DG to make $150K a year by putting in 30 minutes a day to learn it? If more is needed, how much?

I still have trouble seeing the lines. I drew the lines out and have to refer to it and when I look at them in Tradestation and only see the dashes it gets confusing.

Ted, does DG work well for individual stocks?

Are there many people still actively using DG to make money?

The forums (PLDot.com) have no activity. I see users will post for a day or so and then nothing for months, then only a couple of people. I think they could be a great tool. People sharing ideas, thoughts, problems, helping each other to get further ahead but it seems like most don’t want to share anything with others. Not sure if they are scared or they think it’s a trade secret and if they talk about it, it will stop working.

R.W.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: A Struggling Student's Query

Post by pldot »

Thanks for this.
The articles are being sent to you today, and I'll pass on your comment to Charlie... many would like that, and he is fiddling with archive postings. We'll see what he comes up with.

Lesson 11-20 are occasionally a it turgid, and so take them easily and don't get bogged down there. There is a lot of value there but we give too many examples I think. Things pickup towards the end of the course.

It's impossible for me to really say what you will find resulting from the course... some do very well, others less so, and there are so many individual variants that it is hard for us to tell what the outcome will be. We know that we have compiled a lot -- a whole lot-- of useful and accurate information and there should be something there of value for all. I think your goal is eminently reasonable though...

Once you understand the theory, the lines themselves become less important. You will find the material in Lessons 16 and following regarding the "nearby's" to be of great value in this connection I think.... Essentially all you need to do is to look at these areas as the upcoming, future areas of support and resistance and not be too concerned about the individual lines themselves... though it is important we feel, to understand the theory behind the creation of the nearby's.

Yes, DG works on stocks. There will be a lot of example of stocks later in the course.

The forums are indeed a bust, and I will likely take them down someday. We have had this experience with three previous on-line groups... initial activity and then slackening off. We think that the bad drives out the good, that some idiotic posters move in and dampen the conversation. But then again, our group is not large and there may need to be more of a critical mass. The mog interactions are lively and I encourage you to follow them and participate there.