How is strength judged?

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader ???

How is strength judged?

Post by Trader ??? »

One of the elements of a Yes pattern is the “strengthening” of the PLdot Refresh (and “weakening” of the Pushes) as the market approaches support or resistance. But what would that actually look like? How is increasing strength (or weakness) displayed on price bars? For a Refresh, would that mean that the bar closes closer to its dot? That is, the termination energy is strong enough to push price all the way back to its dot. A weak Refresh, then, would be shown as the bar’s closing further away from its dot; the termination energy is insufficiently strong to push price back very far. Other than the position of the close relative to the dot, what other visible clues of strength or weakness are there?

As for a PLdot Push, what else besides the length of the bar shows strength or weakness there? Perhaps the speed or momentum of the move, as shown by the fact that it takes very few bars on the LTP to complete the entire move of a HTP Push? But if you’re looking at a Push on the LTP chart itself, how else, besides the range of the bar, do you gauge how strong or weak the Push is? It’s certainly getting more involved the more I consider the implications of all I’ve studied so far—and I’m just beginning. It is also causing me to re-think almost everything I thought I already knew, not really a bad thing, that. M.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: How is strength judged?

Post by pldot »

Essentially, would be a measure of flow, and you would look to the elements that compose flow, which include direction, range, the position of the close, and the degree of progress through the monitoring matrix of the envelope system. You could summarize flow by thinking of "ease of movement".