New Student....First Steps

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

New Student....First Steps

Post by Trader Question »

I got all of the lessons installed and running now.

The last time we talked, i believe you said to pull out the Psycho-paper and the How to Make money books and shelve the rest for now.

What is the best way to go through the course? To get the most from it?

I am listening to the first tape now.

R.W.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: New Student....First Steps

Post by pldot »

OK, good, I'm glad you are up and running.

This course will definitely be a voyage of discovery for you.

The best way to do it is this: put the books and tapes on the shelf and concentrate on the electronic Lessons. As you finish each lesson, make a one or two-page précis of the contents (keep it short), making sure that you understand the main underlying concepts. Also keep a brief index of which concepts are discussed on which screens, as one of the little things we neglected to do is to create an overall index, and you will find it useful in later months to be able to find a place where such-and-such was discussed. It will take some time for the full range of concepts and an understanding of their power to kick in and so be patient and spend regular time on the course. Most students have found that once they finished the course, took a break and then did a comprehensive review, that they then found that the whole approach made a lot of sense. As we get rolling in a few weeks on the Institute website material I suggest that you follow that along in real time as well; we'll notify you when that starts. After you have completed Lessons 15 you will have an overview of the theory (though not all of the trading concepts) and after that feel free to delve into any of the other books that you wish. However I would still place your main focus on the electronic lessons until you have finished the course and one review.