By the way......

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

By the way......

Post by Trader Question »

getting back to DG is refreshing. I've been around the horn since I started, and I now see the principles with more clarity. One thing I have learned, though, is that there are many ways to be successful. I've developed some systems that have impressive returns, but they are boring.

R.L.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: By the way......

Post by pldot »

===boredom is one of the hidden difficulties in trading, and it is a serious one. I look for parallel activities, like teaching, or learning Mandarin, or living in an odd place for a while.
Trader Question

I have gravitated back to a need for discretionary trading because it is more interesting. The daily analytical part of it keeps me going. I'm less than a decade away from retirement, so I want a trading method that will keep me interested as well as profitable.

R.L.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===markets are endlessly changing, and so this has some potential...
Trader Question

I also now more fully appreciate the work you have put into these lessons. Everything else out there is a rip-off comparatively. I especially am in awe of your apparent ability to work with Charlie and his convoluted presentation of these principles. You have done a wonderful job of translating. You are to be congratulated, my friend.

R.L.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==Charlie does have an intricate and unusual mind, that is for sure. I have a lot of stories..... His ability to focus and his tenanacity are remarkable.
Trader Question

I am trying to find a used copy of TradeStation so that I can re-install the indicators. If you have any ideas, let me know. However, working with them manually has its advantages.

R.L.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===You might find a copy of TS2000i through the Omega disucssion group. Also it is still sold internationally (outside the US) through TradeStation resellers.