A Potential Weakness??

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

A Potential Weakness??

Post by Trader Question »

I have not been live yet with your software obviously, buy one thing I see as a potential weakness in this methodology is a more precise target in the target areas. I can tell that a several dollar spread on a stock or future is not going to work well for me.

I am realize the LTP's will have to be followed closely but are there other tools you guys use to help better clarify target prices within a smaller point or dollar range?

R.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: A Potential Weakness??

Post by pldot »

HTP targets are naturally larger than one would like them to be; this the nature of the beast. But what you do in practice is to start narrowing your focus as you get closer and closer to the area where a HTP turn is likely; as price approaches those levels then you are looking at targets on the FTP and LTP's; if you wish to maximize profits and reduce risks then naturally it takes more time and effort on the monitoring phase. Thre is no real way around this, and unrealistic to think so. Note that within the target zones you will also generally find specific P&L lines that will be useful.