Overall at this point in the lessons

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Overall at this point in the lessons

Post by Trader Question »

Until I got to lesson 5 and completed it, I did not realize the institute web site might be of help for me as I am learning here. I am such a beginner not only with your course but to trading as you know and I was thinking that once I had studied the course really well then I would get more out of the site. But, it sounds like the site might improve my understanding as I go along here in the course. Is this a correct assumption? Or is it I would get more from it once I know the basics of all this material.

Also was wondering, I have been reading some of the How To Book and would like to know if I should study technical analysis and if so what books or other resources you guys have found to be the best. Or is DG a complete enough system that one does not need other indicators, systems, analysis etc.

I would appreciate your candidness and wisdom with these questions.

R.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Overall at this point in the lessons

Post by pldot »

The information in Lessons 6 and 7 will be helpful to you when you start in on the Institute material. You can start anytime, and there will be valuable info there at any time, but some of it relates to the envelope, and that is covered in 6 & 7.

I would not take additional time to study conventional technical analysis at this time beyond the "How to..." book. Stick with P&L for the time being. On the one hand it is sulf-sufficient and other indicators are not needed, and on the other hand it is superior.