Question on TS8

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Question on TS8

Post by Trader Question »

I was wondering if the indicators you designed for TradeStation have been tested for latest version (TradeStation 8).

PS
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Question on TS8

Post by pldot »

===Yes, we use them regularly on TS8. That is the main platform.
Trader Question

would also value your input on when (at what lesson) I should be somewhat proficient with TradeStation. As I am not a professional trader, I want to bring in TradeStation at the most …. optimal point in my learning.

PS
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===Hard to say. I would think that after Lessons 6-8 you would want to be using TS8 to visualize and test assumptions and concepts...
Trader Question

I ordered / tried MetaStock by Equis. Played around with it to see if I could get it to do what you have done with TradeStation. I even searched the web and called technical support for insight. No help. I assume not many in the DG world use MetaStock (although I did find Adam Hefner -http://trader.online.pl/MSZ/e-w-GANN_Hi ... isual.html – but have no idea how to get hold of him). So, I thought I’d cut my losses early and take advantage of their 30 day money back guarantee. I also assume the majority of those who follow PLDot still prefer TradeStation and there is no talk of moving toward something else.

PS
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===the development work we are doing at present is being done with the idea that some day we will open up the platform to other data verndors, but there is no date set for this and I think it will be some time in the future... more than 12 months anyway. And we make no guarantee that we will do this... But privately we plan for this.

===The simpler items could most likely be done in Metastock pretty easily, but the more complex issues -- projecting forth into the future, and multi-time period overlays... are more challenging. You are right that most traders gratefully release themselves from the task of the software development and use what we have done. One or two here andhtere have done their own, but no-one that I know if on Metastock. Thre is no reason why not to do it if you are interewsted, but it would take forever and be a general pain in the ass to do. Probably not cost-effective.
Trader Question

While I am not a professional trader at this point in my life - I aspire to be. I’m learning DG principles (the 30 Lessons) in the evenings. I have the complete support of my wife and kids (ages 4 and 5) so this makes it much easier. I’ve made it through Lesson 2 and have all the lines down cold. I’m progressing onto Lesson 3 (with intermittent visits to your Sandbox and other areas on the PLDot.com site and discussion site). This is why I would like your input on “when” I should start with TradeStation. I am an avid learner / reader so I don’t think it will take me long to come up to speed with that tool.

PS
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==you will know when you want it... there will come a time when you are itching for it, and then go ahead and get it at that point.