Without BarOver

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Without BarOver

Post by Trader Question »

Two screen shots attached.. one is how my charts look now without the BarOver function available. I do recall this was a study I used based on Charlie s work in the website along time ago. As you can see the price bars are behind the HTP envelope and support/resistance areas. Second one is the errors that are generated because of this. Since in T7 you have to start with the base bar chart and build from there, I am struggling with how to recreate this same scenario in this top to bottom order. Live envelope with support/resistance, price bar, HTP envelope and last HTP support/resistance. I am struggling with having the price bar in the middle of this setup.. and that is what the old BarOver function provided. Any suggestions??? Is using subgraphs an answer??? Any guidance would be appreciated.

RC
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Without BarOver

Post by pldot »

1)I see your difficulty now.
2)one solution would be to chart the HTP resistance and support zones using think lines and blocks as per the attached pic.....
3) the third solution is to use the _bar indicators to paint a second bar on top of the current bar.  This is the solution you had been using in your previous TS.
4)that _bar (what you called bar over) is on your previous machine and likely can be exported and installed on your new machine. or you can get the code from the P&L website http://www.pldot.com/institute/Charlie/ ... on_ltp.htm
5)subgraphs are only needed when charting the monthly HTP on the weekly chart, since we use the daily in subgraph 2 to create an accurate monthly HHTP overlay....plot daily in subgraph 2 and use the monthly-on-daily indictors for this. Other timeframe charts do not need this work-around, but the monthly-on-weekly does since we can't otherwise get the monthly to start on the correct day.
6)errors are only because you are calling an indicator for your chart that you do nothave on your machine. Add it to you machine or delete it from your chart and the errors will go away.