Charting Question

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Charting Question

Post by Trader Question »

The Geometry software is installed and I'm navigating through it. One problem: when I insert, for example, a DGWD envelope on a daily study I get a chart that looks much like a screen from a lesson. But when I insert a DGWLD envelope, not only are the HTP envelope lines not straight but the values differ from the DBWD values. The same problem occurs with other overlays, for ex. the DGDI and DGDLI. A DGBL envelope and a DGB envelope inserted in the same chart are identical save for the extra live bar.

TS
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Charting Question

Post by pldot »

What you are seeing is correct, and is by design.

HTP "Live" overlays onto lower time periods are designed so that the evolving HTP support and resistance updates each period, and thus varies on each lower time period bar. At the end of the week (for example) the live weekly envelope will be where it should be for the upcoming week. But during the preceding week it will vary each day as the week progresses. This can be very useful in trading as you can make adjustments in how you see the upcoming week.

We touch on this in the Lessons and there is an extensive series on this topic among Charlie's postings on www.pldot.com; also he has been discussing this usage on the Mogs recently, These are highly recommended.

The static DGWD envelope overlays do not vary from Monday through Friday, and are just that, static. The Live overlays might start out in one place but evolve over the week.

The basic timeframe indicators are a bit different from the HTP overlays. The live and static overlays for the basic timeframe differ only in the extension to the oncoming bar, as you correctly see.