Can I Program Signals?

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Can I Program Signals?

Post by Trader Question »

I am interested in your 30 lesson course however I noticed that your indicators are only available for TradeStation. I do not use TradeStation
but I do use esignal. Are the indicators covered in the course easy enough for me to program them into esignal?3

WN
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Can I Program Signals?

Post by pldot »

The basic set of Drummond indicators is not all that difficult to program, and we permit that under the non-disclosre agreement as long as it is for your personal use only. Several of our students have done this for one program or another. However that being said, I should also say that the more advanced indicators, particularly those with multiple time period overlays and those that project the support and resistance levels into the future time (that is, those that are the most productive and useful), were difficult to program in TradeStation and we suspect that they would be equally challenging to program in e-signal. At the time we did this work, it was not possible for e-signal or Metastock or any other software that we know about to handle this type of display, and so we went with TradeStation. So far we have not regretted this decision.