P & L Lessons and Mr. Drummond

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

P & L Lessons and Mr. Drummond

Post by Trader Question »

Are the P&L lessons that you are offering created by you or Charlie. I'm familiar with his work and a believer in his methods. Is Drummond involved a little, a lot, or not at all? If I purchase this product , am I getting a Charles Drummond product or a Ted Hearne product.

TD
pldot
Site Admin

Re: P & L Lessons and Mr. Drummond

Post by pldot »

Charlie and I are co-authors and have participated equally in the creation of these Lessons over the past 3 years.

We have each been intimately involved in each and every step; it has been a successful and productive collaboration between the two of us.
Trader Question

I received your demo in the mail.
I have read quite a bit about Drummond on the Internet and in various publications.
A good friend of mine was a personal student of his in the early 1990`s and received all of the material needed to successfully trade as a P&Ler.

I have two questions.
Why did Drummond hook up with you and begin selling his concept that he previously gave away for virtually nothing?

Second, in all of the examples that I have seen of P&L the market being traded was almost always the bond market or the S&P market. I need to know if there are any examples available using the crude oil, gasoline and heating oil markets. These are the markets I trade.
I know of several successful P&L traders who based in the petroleum business.

TD
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====Drummond has never given away his material.
His private students (of which I am/was one) all paid between $3K to 8K + depending on when and where.
He and I have an interest in small traders but have no interest in giving things away for nothing.
We decided to collaborate because his books alone, when taken by themselves, make life very, very difficult. They hold a lot, but are flat out difficult to read. I have a writing background and bring some other things to the table that make the lessons a much, much better learning experience. In the 2.5 year process of creating these Lessons Charlie and I collaborated very closely -- sometimes three to five emails a day over long periods-- and we both greatly exceeded what we could have done individually. Nothing else like it, anywhere.

===in the Lessons we purposely drew examples from a very wide range of tradable securities, including crude and (I think) heating oil. Not sure I remember any gasoline examples. But a very wide range of stocks, funds, futures here and abroad, currencies, physical commodities from gold to frozen white shrimp, emerging markets, you name it. Furthermore we drew from wide-range of timeframes, from 1-2 minute all the way up to five and ten year charts.
Trader Question

Thank You for your response to my earlier e-mail.
I appreciate you and Charlie's interest in the small trader.
I also did not mean to imply that you should be "giving" anything away. I have looked at your demo and it is excellent.
My problem is this. I have spent the last three years studying Charlies work, and you are right on when you point out how difficult it can be. However I have been able to to grasp the P&L concept and am presently trading it. I am always looking to expand my knowledge and believe that there is something in your lessons that I could benefit from. The only part of the P&L school that I think I'm missing is the P&L labs with the different types of trading. Purchasing the entire program would be a waste of money for me since I already have most of Charlies work. Is it possible to purchase just the part that I am missing. If you do not want to do this I completely understand. Thank You for your time.

TD
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Let me know a little more about your P&L background -- what you have purchased and studied, and in what connection, etc.

There is quite a bit in the Lessons not revealed elsewhere...