Recognizing the Tools

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Recognizing the Tools

Post by Trader Question »

the farther outs are percentagewise a good trade. But I can show you how much money I left on the table this week alone when price goes right
on thru those mo, wk and dly farther outs!! That is why they are in my plan to take profits there and to enter in those areas. Most of the time, they
will do very well for us. But when that break out comes, no damn lines hold.

JN
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Recognizing the Tools

Post by pldot »

====but the pldot push andthe live pldot push work like crazy then...
Trader Question

1) tools let you define su and r on upcoming bar with great accuracy, use nearbys
2) HTP nearbys tell you if the focus nearbys are stronger not.
Types of trading, envelope, flow, and dotology are supportive of this
decision.

***I'm sorry, You missed me on that one. How do the htp nearbys tell me that? Being a fast reader (10 words/minute) I did not understand that from the course. All I saw was htp here, focus here, and ltp here, assume su valid.

Obviously, I missed your point..and a very important one at that. I'm all ears.

JN
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====let me go back and see what I can find in terms of the screens ... basically when focus nearbys are strong by virtue of existing int he vicinity of htp nearbys and with other tools such as anticipated types of trading backing thatup, then execute.
Trader Question

3) When wrong fall back to the furtherouts and take that level for a refresh. If wrong there take your lumps and take the day off.

***Im sorry, Ted. I don't follow you here. If you mean when the nearbys break down against me, and I did not get out, play the possible bounce from the farther out back to the nearby of where I originally got in??

JN
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

(===generally not necessary to get out at the nearbys breaking...since you can wait for the plrefresh starting at the furtherout...)

=====yes, play the furtherouts as a probably exhaust (assuming that you see the next bar's nearbys hold, what CD calls "passing the energy) back to the pldot or more.... back to the nearby of where you originally got in? well, no, back to the pldot or live pldot or more, ...

That's all there is to it.