Cycle Analysis

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Cycle Analysis

Post by Trader Question »

Recently, I saw your E-mail address listed under a Cycle Analysis column of Omega's "Research Magazine."

I currently trade futures, stocks and options, and use Omega's Super Charts program with "end of day" data. However, Super Charts' indicators don't provide you with the kind of forecasts generated by a cycles program.

I'm aware that the "Foundation for the Study of Cycles" (now located in Princeton, NJ) did have a cycles program for about US$ 400. However,
although the program ran well on older computers, it did not run properly in Pentium computers and is not Y2K compatible. So the Foundation pulled the program off the market for a considerable period of time and will offer a debugged version sometime next month.

Does your firm sell a cycles program for a similar price and how does it compare to the Foundation's program?

Does it have similar features? If so, I might be interested in purchasing it and would appreciate any advertising material you have regarding your cycles program.

Super charts downloads from Dial Data my "end of day" data and saves it in a proprietary format. However, it can export the data into an ASCII text
file so that other programs can work with the data as well. Can your program read in the data from the ASCII text file?

Any other information regarding available cycles programs would be greatly appreciated.

Does it do the same thing

L.L.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Cycle Analysis

Post by pldot »

Our program deals with Drummond Geometry, a major innovation in market methodology which permits accurate assessment of cycles and market turns. It does not work in a similar manner to conventional cycle programs, although is it projective, not lagging, and it can be adjusted to individual traders' styles. It works through a sophisticated elaboration of three basic elements: short-term trend lines, short-term moving averages, and time-frame overlays.

Further information is available at www.tedtick.com and www.pldot.com.