Questions about Drummond Geometry Trader Education Program

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader ???

Questions about Drummond Geometry Trader Education Program

Post by Trader ??? »

I've spent a good part of this weekend reviewing the material on your web site and I really like what I've learned.
I have a couple of questions, one general, one specific.

(1) The logic, techniques and strategies of DG have been around for some forty years; the financial industry, in the mean time, has seen some wild gyrations and introduced whole new markets and types of instruments, notably
derivatives. I know you have continued to refine the material and update your technology. But have the basic insights and principles, as originally conceived and developed Mr. Drummond, changed or evolved? Given the
exceptional turbulence of the recent past, can one trust that the concepts learned here will remain applicable?

(2) I'm confused about the distinction between access to the course material and the TradeStation indicators. Is it correct that the DG2 Lite program includes in its purchase the appropriate TradeStation software for
that level of analysis? When you advance to the Level 1 course, you would then also purchase the Advanced Trader Software. Likewise, you would upgrade to Professional software when you advance to courseLevel 3 (or 4?). Is how it works? I assume if one were to purchase the Complete Program, the initial (Lite) software tools would
be included and he would purchase the appropriate software upgrades as he progressed in his lessons, correct?
M.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Drummond Geometry Trader Education Program

Post by pldot »

Thanks for your interest....Re: your questions:

1) The fundamental concepts are rooted in human psychology and specifically in the psychology of group or mob action, and thus do not change over time
-- at least we have not been able to detect any change and cannot imagine that there will be any. Some characteristics of the markets have changed,
true enough. The change that we see is not the development of derivatives
since DG was developed during the era of highly leverage futures trading. But I do think that the growth of very large, concentrated, pools of money combined with the electronic revolution have changed some things from the very early days of DG, specifically in the speed of some market moves. Short-term trading these days requires more agility than in the days of yore. Longer-term trading -- over periods of weeks and months -- is much less changed. However DG methods are able to accommodate these changes quite easily, and because of the method's roots in psychology I don't see the future being different in this regard. We are dealing with the increased market speed for shorter-term traders not by shifting the basic tenants but by developing our own computerized software that helps with the speed issues.

2) Yes, the "Lite" package includes basic software suitable for a beginning trader, which is intended to help one understand the concepts. 'Advanced' software is intended as the next step for those traders who are taking the course section by section over a longer period of time. Yes, the full course would include "Lite" if desired but most traders would forgo that and move immediately to the 'Pro' or 'Plot' package plus 'Alerts' and/or 'Specialty Suite' software depending on their interests and trading style. Buying the full course gets them the $700 discount over section-by-section purchase which they can then apply to the software and moves them forward rapidly towards their goal of getting up to speed with the methodology.

I hope this helps...