Thoughts on the Methodology

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Thoughts on the Methodology

Post by Trader Question »

The methodology clearly has validity and the material seems more a labour of love than "just another trading stratergy". Hell its a lifetimes work for
Charley. For this reason I have invested several hundreds of hours reviewing and re-reviewing the material. I have actualy got to the point where I can
now see how simple the basic premise is. Despite that I was still struggling a little and was hoping a little advise might help. I would like to come
back to P&L but without a some support I feel it may be hard again. I dont believe my failure was lack of effort, observational power, or intellectual capactity. Also my general life goals fit with the more philisophical side of some of the teachings. It is shame the P&L community as a whole seem to be at odds with one tennet of my own philosophy. In a simplified form that is help those who seek growth obtain it. Personal growth will often follow from this as one learns through the discourse. The bulletin board could really help many (even the P&L vetrans) I wonder why is it not used? All I can think of is some form of ellitism? Do you have any idea? Anyway I'm back at the safety of the dot waiting for some energy to push again. It will be a little while I guess but it will come. I would really like to hear from you with any thoughts you may have.

N.A.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts on the Methodology

Post by pldot »

You are entirely correct,
==yes, took him 40 years to develop the methodology and the $100 million (my estimate) he has derived from the markets and took us together four years to write the Lessons as they stand. Quite a saga! And still continuing....

====good, that's definitely a major step forward. When the simplicity steps in to replace the apparent complexity of the initial learning, then doors open to much better trading...

===We'll do better this time around.

===All true.

==No idea why this is not more used... the community is not huge, and many of those who move from the learning mode into the success mode lose the attraction of a forum. But we had also thought it would be more used.

===fire away with your challenges and situation and questions and we'll see if we can get things rolling again for you...