Lesson 19

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Lesson 19

Post by Trader Question »

In the 5th paragraph of screen 137, lesson 19 it begins

"On day 7, our traders........."

My question is regarding your usual trading pointer which goes "went long just off the daily nearby support and over the close of the previous day"

Here on day 7, you did go long but not over the close of the previous day.

I presume that it would be too close to the daily resistance to enter the trade over the close of the previous day.

Up to now, I have not bothered with this refinement of "over/under the close of the previous day". Instead, I have been concentrating on the larger basic aspects of P&L.

How important is "over/under the cl. of the pr. day"? If one has checked everything (hopefully!) then why not jump on the trade a little earlier and reap more benefit?

I presume your answer is that it has to do with flow and it is more conservative to wait until price moves past the close of the previous day.

I don't recollect that this was expounded on in the course. Maybe I skipped it along the way.

I will try of course to employ this trading pointer at all times, now that I am ready to use it in my paper trading.

J.F.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Lesson 19

Post by pldot »

I think that you are correct... and I will pass this on to Charlie in the event he wants to add to the question about entry placement...
BaliNekiJogi

Post by BaliNekiJogi »

I think somewhere in the course it's mentioned that if previous bar's close is close to nearby support, enter above the previous close, but if current bar's nearby-S is way under, than enter in the top 1/3-1/4th of the nearby support. Is that correct? HB
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

yes that makes sense
AyanPrince

Post by AyanPrince »

Nice post
AyanPrince

Post by AyanPrince »

AyanPrince wrote:Nice post

We are the pioneers in learn a language learn portuguese dumps and tutorials with learn a language.com exam pass guarantee. Download our latest test king ccie Babbel questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in Learnamericanenglishonline