P&L Accumulation/Distribution Questions

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

P&L Accumulation/Distribution Questions

Post by Trader Question »

I have some questions about "P&L Accumulation/Distribution" (book and audio tapes).

On page 43 to 80 Charles Drummond used the US U3 (September 1993)daily data: Am I correct in saying that he didn't used the US U3 data but the cash data (code 54 CSI)?

Is there an TS indicator for the mentioned R-Zone (space between two latest 1-1 highs)and SU-Zone?

T.L.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: P&L Accumulation/Distribution Questions

Post by pldot »

On pages 43-80 Charlie was using the US U3 future data for the daily chart. I don't think cash data played any part in that presentation.

Yes, the R zone and SU zones are included in the DG indicator package where they are called the 1-1 resist zone and 1-1 support zone for the various time frames.

How are you coming along on the electronic Lessons?
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

I am coming along real fine now with the lessons. At first it was difficult to open my mind for all the 'new stuff'. I was also to eager I think in the
beginning. I am now taking also the time for it.

With US U3 data (CSI) I have a contract high on 1993-09-08 of 101'14 and Charlie has something like 122. So there must be something wrong. I will check it later.

I used the '1-1 resist zone and 1-1 support zone' but I didn't got the same answer (picture)as Charlie got.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Now I think I know the problem...in those days TradeStation would not permit charting to the right of the bar, and so we devised a work-around which shifted the date back a day.. so the day/date axis may be inaccurate. The data is correct however, just mis-labeled by a day. Does this help?