Individual Indicators

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Individual Indicators

Post by Trader Question »

I seem to be overlooking a step to access all the indv indicators. I see DG2c_Advanced in the Indicator tab of TS, but dont see the indv indicators to insert on the charts. Your guidnace to find instructions is appreciated. thx

C.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Individual Indicators

Post by pldot »

Insert that indicator into a chart, and use format analysis techniques to format the indicator; see attached pic and attached documentation. You can turn the individual features on or off on the input tab of the indicator by changing the 1 (on) to 0 (off) foir each item.
Trader Question

With DG2 Advanced, is there functionality to create qrtrly, yrly, 2 1/2 and 5 yr charts or is it limited to qrtrly and yrly as HTP overlays? thx
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

The quarterly, yearly and multi-year charts are done though the DG2 "multi" software, available in the "Specialty Suite" package. This cannot be done in any of the other software packages as it requires a fundamentally different way of calculating the charts. TradeStation will not permit native bar charts of higher than monthly time compression, thus we have to hi-jack the TradeStation data stream and manipulate it to our own ends; this is a process that is not compatible with the normal TradeStation charts and thus cannot be integrated with our regular software but is a special case and has to be handled differently.
Trader Question

Sorry Ted, struggling w/overlays on wkly and mnthly as numbers dont sync, and dont know what step I am missing as I reset Plott setting to "2" and "3" respectively for the wkly and mnthly charts.

However, as example for $INX, on the weekly chart of 11/07/08 the Mnthly HTP overlay indicates a mnthly PL Dot of 1166.39, however the Mnthly chart itself indicates its own PL Dot is 1154.98.

I checked out the forum as a resource but couldnt find any guidance on this question. thx

C.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Yes, I see; I can reproduce this. I am not sure as to the reason and am asking Denny to check the programming code. I'll get back to you on this one.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

OK, found the solution. We had not documented the setting properly for the weekly with monthly overlays.... it requires a separate second data feed of daily data and some corresponding settings in the symbols and sub graphs and scaling... all due to the fact that months do not always start on the first day of the week and thus get their data out of whack unless we look to daily data for the monthly component.
--add a second data stream in data 2 of daily data, on style tab make price data invisible, set scaling tab of daily data to hidden subgraph and scale on no axis.
--set data 1 to monthly data; on style tab make price data invisible, set scaling tab of daily data to subgraph 1 and scale on no axis.
om th DG2_Advanced indicator set general tab to base study on data 2 daily, and set scaling tab to right axis and subgraph 1. On inputs tab make sure plott is set to 2 and that show bar is set to 1.

I am attaching a workspace with the correct settings.

Sorry about the confusion; we manage the time compression on other indicators in a different way and this slipped our attention when we did the Advanced documentation.