Understanding and Strategy

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Understanding and Strategy

Post by Trader Question »

1) If I understand correctly, supercharts 4.0 can take a maximum of 200 indicators right? I will have to decide on my strategy and order it before tomorrow. I believe the lessons will be more effective as I spend time going through your examples on the CDs with the current commodities as to how they are acting out. I'm repeteadly going back to lesson 2 for the pl lines since it appears that the only way to get them in my gut is repetition, repetition, repetition.

G.K.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Understanding and Strategy

Post by pldot »

===sounds right, don't have SuperCharts here to check...

==try flash cards, as recommended...
Trader Question

2)For your own trading, if you were to study TBonds today for tomorrow's action for example, how long does it take you to analyze the whole Drummond geometry concept as to your potential game plan tomorrow?

G.K.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==generally ten minutes...
Trader Question

3)This is not urgent, but for the PL Charting concept, Can you, please, find out from Charlie, as to the CURRENT margin he uses on a day-to-day basis for the following commodities please?
Can Dollars
British Pound
Japanese Yen
S&P 500 emini
S&P 500
Nasdaq emini
Heating Oil
Coffee
Cocoa
Sugar
Cotton
Soybeans
Wheat
Bean oil
Bean Meal

G.K.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===contact a broker for this info...
Trader Question

I know it's an elemetary question but I really want to scratch and learn every ounce of knowledge I can learn from him and yourself.

Thank you in advance
gk
Trader Question

I remember by heart what the required and maintenance margins are on CME/CBOT/NYMEX/etc. I was not asking that.
You say in in lesson one that you recommend 10k per contract for Bonds. Per the book How to make.. Charlie traded one contract of silver for 3400 bucks although that was so long ago. Based on the same lines, for PL, can you tell me what he recommends these days to those commodities I listed strictly speaking from the P&L concept, or what kind of a margin he uses. Or to put it simply, what's Charlie's rule of thumb per contract for any commodity? More importantly, he also mentions not to trade more than 35% of the total account value at any time. Is that number the same, is it more conservative?
Thanks
gk
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Those are good guidelines. Don't mess with more than 30% of your net worth.

Don't put more than 30% of that in margin commitments at any one time. Limit your risk to 2% or so of any single trade. More complete discussion of margins, money management, etc, contained in Lesson 29.
huda khan
Anti-Spam: Obama

Post by huda khan »

if you were to study TBonds today for tomorrow's action for example, how long does it take you to analyze the whole Drummond geometry concept as to your potential game plan tomorrow?