Envelope Theory

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Envelope Theory

Post by Trader Question »

I have been listening to the tapes from Charles Drummond and had a few questions about the Envelop Theory. He seems to indicate that once inside the envelop on the higher time periods that depending on what happens around the PL Dot, we are going to move to envelop top or bottom.

In the bonds this week, I have seen the weekly trading reflect this logic. The thing that I struggle watching is that once it starts to move away from the dot the lower time periods seem to exhaust away from their dot and env. tops/bottoms. Do you see these exhausts in the lower time periods and confirmation of the dot push and refresh?

H.B.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Envelope Theory

Post by pldot »

Yes, when the HTP is on the move, we will see the LTP showing strong reactions to that HTP move. So if the HTP is into a PLdot refresh, moving from upside termination tot he dot, we will see on the LTP the market exhausting tot he upside with strong moves to the downside, with LTP nearby support predicted to be weak. Suggest review of Lesson 6 and 7, and lesson 28 on targets, less 23 on Exhausts.
ihasseb

Re: Envelope Theory

Post by ihasseb »

In the bonds this week, I have seen the weekly trading reflect this logic. The thing that I struggle watching is that once it starts to move away from the dot the lower time periods seem to exhaust away from their dot and env. tops/bottoms. Do you see these exhausts in the lower time periods and confirmation of the dot push and refresh?